Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Psalm 116:17

Psalm 116:17 (TLB)-
I will worship you and offer you a sacrifice of thanksgiving.

I like this verse a lot because of its reference to thanksgiving being a sacrifice.  I like it because sometimes it is not easy to be thankful. Yes, we always have something to thank and worship God for, but life is not always easy. Often it can be easier to see the world around us, falling apart and going wrong, rather than what God has done for us. However, no matter how bad it seems at the time, we should be making a point to come to God with thankful hearts. If you are reading this now, I can promise you that you are blessed! We have much to be thankful for. So when times are hard and you have to make that "sacrifice," just remember God knows and you've never left his mind!

Prayer:
Lord, I thank you for the many blessings in my life. Forgive me for the times I forget to look at you and rather choose to see my circumstances. I worship you for you are always with me. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment