Friday, July 26, 2013

Romans 13:7

Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.-Romans 13:7

I keep chewing this verse over and over again in my head. I want to see what I am supposed to get out of it for this time in my life. I truly feel like I need to hear it, but why? Who do I lack giving them what they owe? Likely this is related to respect or honor for me, but its going to take some prayerful consideration as to whom I am not doing so with.

My first guess goes to family members. It is easy to overlook the respect and honor they deserve. This is especially true in the marriage relationship. I often find myself over ruling, correcting, or complaining, which are all disrespectful of my husband. There is no perfect person, but as the husband God placed in my life and for the hard job he does of being my husband, he deserves respect and honor for it.

I should really study Biblical submission, I'm no good at it...

Prayer of the Day: (Grady) Lord, let the fear of God keep my heart clean from all hypocrisy. I choose today to keep my heart open and vulnerable to Your refining fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment