Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Philippians 4:12-13

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. -Philippians 4:12-13

I included both scripture verses today because I find it interesting how often verse 13 is quoted out of context.When Paul speaks of being able to do all things, he is talking about being content in all situations. Personally it is not always easy to be content. Sometimes things are NOT working out the way I want, but God made it clear that it is possible. I took a moment today to look up the definition of content. The first way it was defined was as "satisfied". The second way it was defined is "to appease the desires of"or "to limit (oneself) in requirements, desires, or actions". 

Prayer of the day: Lord, help me to learn the discipline of contentment. Thank you for knowing and caring for all my needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment