Monday, October 6, 2014

Psalm 139:14

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:14

This verse is my son's Scripture verse of the week. I've read it everyday since last Wednesday. However, today after I read it and went to get ready for bed, God spoke to me about myself. I have always been involved in the Body Love Movement. I have a respect for who God made me to be. However, I never really SAW what I believed. I was a fake until you make it kind of person. I acted like I loved what I saw, but I didn't always feel it on the inside.  

Today when I looked in the mirror, I saw that I was wonderfully made. I didn't look at my flaws or weird marks, I saw what God sees. I saw a woman, mother, daughter, sister, and friend. I saw someone God made perfectly.

There can be no more perfect me. There is no such thing as a perfect person, so what reason would I have to wish and hope for that. However, each person is the only version of themselves, and that is amazing!

So, I cant say that I still love every aspect of me, but today I looked in the mirror and what I saw was BEAUTIFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment