Monday, August 19, 2013

1 Peter 5:6-7

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you- 1 Peter 5:6-7


I find this especially important as I go back to work for the school year. I often time feel like I do more than I get credit for, yet I am constantly reminded by God that all that matters is His thought on the matter. In time, God has allowed the things I have done to bless me. I've gotten everything from great friends to superior recommendation letters from giving my all to everything I do.

The second part of the scripture is also important  for me as things start a new again. With things still looking dim around me, its a comfort to know that God truly cares for me. He has the whole situation in His hands. I have no reason to stress and be anxious over it. Its hard not to be, I am regularly guilty of letting things run through my mind endlessly at night, or losing my temper over what we "lack". With God's help I am able to stand up and try to imagine it though His eyes. I read somewhere (although I can remember where now) that "we have a point of view but God has the view."

Prayer of the Day: Lord, help me to see my life through your eyes. Whether in a time of plenty or a time of need, remind me that you care.

No comments:

Post a Comment