Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Malachi 3:10

Over the past two months, God has made great efforts to teach my husband and I something, and that is that if you give, he will give. First I must confess, we were not always faithful givers. We wanted to be, we used to be, but when times got hard, we just let that slip away. As things more challenging and even on good months there wasn't enough, we knew we had to make a change. About three months ago the hubby and I decided to give tithe on our dependable (my) income. The first month surprised us. From the time we gave, we kept getting blessed. Our needs were met, many wants were granted... it was amazing. This past month we decided to give on estimated total income. Do you know what happened? We were blessed again. I'm not saying its a magic formula, but it something God truly allows us to test Him on. He said give, we (finally) didn't question Him, and He amazed us! Now that we understand this, I wished we never stopped it in the first place. Perhaps we wouldn't be where we are today if we had. However, I believe in redemption and I know He can bring us back to the place where we were, likely better!

Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. - Malachi 3:10

No comments:

Post a Comment