Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Proverbs 19: 13-14

Proverbs 19:13-14 

A foolish child is a father’s ruin and a quarrelsome wife is like the constant dripping of a leaky roof. Houses and wealth are inherited from parents but a prudent wife is from the Lord.


Ah, this is the verse. The nagging wife verse. I am loving the fact the Internet provides easy access to commentaries. I like to see what people have gleaned from the verse as well. I also make sure to look up words that are not regularly used as well. One of the commentaries I was reading was talking about that the only two truly important temporary comforts are good children and a good wife. However, the opposite really lends to a pretty sticky life. Google defines quarrelsome as "given to or characterized by quarreling" Basically, argumentative and naggy. This is probably the most common complaint I've ever heard from husbands about their wives. This is interesting because the Bible points out how opposite that should be. Like a leaky roof, its annoying and eventually it can damage everything else in the home. This is where the next verse comes in. Google defines prudent as "acting with or showing care and thought for the future." If you are considering the future and acting in a caring manner, would you still be complain or arguing about that topic? Is it important in the long run? Is it work the long term effects of the constant nagging. This is an area that would require great self control on my part as a wife. My first reaction is to complain, nag, and fuss over what I see. I rarely take the time to think over the level of importance or how my behavior is affecting my family.

My goal is be a wife like mentioned in Proverbs 18:22 -He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment