Monday, July 14, 2014

Psalm 128:1-4

Psalm 128:1-4
Blessed are all who fear the Lord,
    who walk in obedience to him.
You will eat the fruit of your labor;
    blessings and prosperity will be yours.
Your wife will be like a fruitful vine
    within your house;
your children will be like olive shoots
    around your table. 
 Yes, this will be the blessing
    for the man who fears the Lord  
  
There is something really cool about being the wife of a Christian, God fearing man; we are meant to be a blessing to them! We are a precious and priceless gift. These verses also note our importance as mother, however I don't really think that was the whole truth of this scripture. As I was studying these vereses I found a great quote in a commentary about them, "good wives are also fruitful in kindness, thrift, helpfulness, and affection: if they bear no children, they are by no means barren if they yield us the wine of consolation and the clusters of comfort. Truly blessed is the man whose wife is fruitful in those good works which are suitable to her near and dear position."- The Treasury of David Commentary I really like how this commentary expands on the word "fruitful". I really do what to be fruitful on those areas. I want to provide my husband with comfort and consolation in difficult times.

My the choice of my husband and the gift of God, I was given a very important role as Andrew's wife. I want to produce the fruit of having this godly, loving marriage!

No comments:

Post a Comment